eraserboi Creative Commons License 2006.08.22 0 0 79

Page olyan részletesen elmond mindent, amit a feloszlás körüli hangulatról, vagy a Gandhiról sejteni lehetett, hogy külön is beollózom, ha valakinek esetleg nem volna kedve végigböngészni az egész szöveget:

"It wasn't my choice to break the band up, it was the choice of John Stanier and Henry Bogdan. Henry wanted to move on and do something else. He was playing country music and lap steel and he didn't want to play bass anymore. John, I guess, decided that he didn't want to call it Helmet when it was just the two of us. So they left... and I was relieved to have a break. I was hoping to take a one-year break and then go back at it. When I approached John several years back about playing with me, I didn't expect any interest. He was doing the Tomahawk thing with Mike Patton (ED: of the band Faith No More) and he had this other band called Battles. You know, you can't force somebody to do something they don't want to do. I don't know why, but we have personal issues, unfortunately. Our communication was never great, although musically I always felt that we had something that was pretty amazing. I have nothing but respect for those guys as musicians. I think they don't understand how much work I put into this band and how this is my baby, sort of speak, you know? This is everything I've worked for in my life; to just sort of have guys bail on you and leave you hanging is a frustrating thing. I've tried playing with a lot of different musicians and I had another band, Gandhi, with some friends who were really great players, but they were all in other bands and certain economic situations don't allow you to continue doing it in the way you did it back in 1989 or '90. So when the opportunity presented itself for me to make a Helmet record, I said, "Yeah." After six years, or whatever --  since we put out Aftertaste --  I'm like, "I'm not going to sit around anymore and go through... " I went through six or seven different record companies trying to get somebody that was, you know, competent and able to do the right thing. I had songs written and everything. I was going to do it, but it was taking so long that when they finally said, "You can make a record right now, today -- go," I said, "Fine." Everybody knows that I formed the band from the ground up and that I write the words, music and arrangements and stuff, and that I'm the voice of the band. That's not to disparage, or whatever, their contributions -- you need great musicians to perform this music, obviously. It's not simple, you know?"

Előzmény: eraserboi (78)