Tájékoztató Iroda Creative Commons License 2004.04.17 0 0 15
És akkor most nézzük Kerryt, aki azzal, hogy gyorsan Saron/Bush mellé állt, csalódást okozott nekem, bár még mindig több reálpolitikusságot nézek ki belőle, mint Bushból.

Jerusalem Post
Sharon declines to meet with Kerry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Janine Zacharia and Herb Keinon Apr. 15, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON – US Sen. John Kerry, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, had hoped to meet with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon during his visit to Washington, but Sharon declined, saying he did not have time.

Sharon, however, agreed to meet Kerry during his next trip to Washington, according to Israeli officials and Kerry campaign staff members.

Kerry on Wednesday blessed the agreements struck by US President George W. Bush and Sharon. Bush said after meeting Sharon that Palestinian refugees should return to a future state of Palestine, not Israel, and sanctioned the idea that Israel would retain control of some settlements as part of a final peace deal.

"I think that could be a positive step," Kerry was quoted by The Washington Post as saying. "What's important, obviously, is the security of the state of Israel, and that's what the prime minister and the president, I think, are trying to address."

Kerry was also quoted, in The New York Sun, as saying: "I've always felt that the right of return is contrary to the viability of a Jewish state, and that's what Israel is." (...)