Hapcibeno Creative Commons License 2003.06.19 0 0 81
Show Me Your Tears (COOKCD262)
Release date: 8th September

I found a nice space in Hollywood to put my studio up for a while, and that's where we recorded Show Me Your Tears. It's actually a working studio; the owner of the building let us take over the second floor. It's got big windows, and we look out on sad, beautiful, ugly, smoky Los Angeles. I don't know if the location has influenced the songs, but it felt right to do the songs there. Also, I've been going to therapy. Take out your big knife, doc, and split me right down the middle of my chest, from my neck to my belly. See my heart muscle right here? Pumping and full of electricity. Take that knife and split my skull open. See the brain about to explode? The doctor said I'm not interested in your damn brain; you got a big broken heart? Big deal. I'm not interested in your heart, SHOW ME YOUR TEARS! And so here they are. Thirteen big, salty tears. Like thirteen little black dogs just born, still in their sacs, about to wake up, ready to howl at the world. There isn’t a happy song in this bunch. I mean, maybe MASSIF CENTRALE has a ray of hope, but even then, I don't know, central France can be really cold and lonely. Maybe NADINE is a sexual celebration, but man, I get so sad when I think about her, way back when, ah fuck, whatever happened to me and her? So maybe you'll like this record. May I suggest a single malt scotch, straight up, as an aperitif? Then drink cold, red wine throughout, and then forget about the digestive; put the record on again and go look for that bottle of scotch. You're never going to like one of my damn records if you only listen to it once.

Man, it is freezing around here.

Frank Black
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan