Professzor úr Creative Commons License 2001.10.25 0 0 1049
Íme,a témát érintő hír a "hiteles" Reuters hírügynökség közreműködésével a Fifa hivatalos(!) honlapjáról.
Olvashatunk többek között Egervári Imréről,a Dunaferr 1999-es bajnoki címéről,valamint a vb-résztvevő Romániáról...

"Hungary put their faith in Gellei after World Cup flop
© Reuters Limited 2001

By Zoltan Fazekas

BUDAPEST, Oct 24 (Reuters) - Imre Gellei was confirmed as Hungary's national coach on a permanent basis on Wednesday after a short spell as caretaker. Gellei, 51, had stood in for two World Cup qualifiers against Romania and Italy after Bertalan Bicskei was sacked in September.

"It is really great honour to take this job, and probably the peak of my 27-year coaching career" Gellei told a new conference.

"The goal is to build a team that can compete with any top-level opponents in Europe, based on the young players I worked with during my spell with the under-21 team."

Gellei, who is expected to sign a contract in the next couple of days which will cover the next European Championships in 2004, beat off two rivals for the post - Imre Egervari, current manager of 1999 champions Dunaferr, and Tibor Nyilasi, former Ferencvaros striker and manager.

Gellei's first match in charge will be on November 14 when Hungary entertain Macedonia on a friendly in Budapest. Hungary failed to qualify for the World Cup after starting brightly with a 2-2 draw against Italy before scoring six goals against Lithuania.

But their form fell away and Bicskei was fired after the team, needing seven points from their last three games to qualify, lost to Georgia. Gellei, Hungary's 60th national coach, failed to reverse the trend with a 2-0 home defeat against Romania and a 1-0 away reverse against the Italians. Both Romania and Italy qualified for the World Cup."