Jay-X Creative Commons License 2001.05.19 0 0 103
Albion striker Bobby Zamora has collected yet another award! This time he's been voted the PFA Player of the Year for Division Three.

Zamora was part of the PFA Third Division team - along with his team-mate Danny Cullip. That selection was based on votes from his fellow pros. Now he's won the PFA Third Division Player of the Year - as voted for by the fans!

The 31-goal striker beat Robert Earnshaw of Cardiff into second place, while Paul Simpson of Blackpool finished third, and Zamora told the PFA's website:

"I can hardly believe all the stuff which has happened to me this season. With Brighton clinching the Third Division title... I couldn't be happier. It has been a fantastic season and I would just like to thank the fans that voted for me for taking the time and trouble to do so. It means a lot and I am proud to receive this award."

In addition to the double regocnition from the PFA, Zamora has picked up the Player of the Season Award, and the Seagulls Club and Internet versions, and in March He won the Nationwide Player of the Month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------