nistelrooij Creative Commons License 2018.01.20 0 0 121238

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says: "If you don't score you are in trouble, they go direct, they are consistent in their approach it is really difficult. "We defended very well, and it is fair to say Mike Dean and his team were very good. There was a lot of first ball, second ball and the physicality. "Of course we are happy with him (Anthony Martial), we just want consistency, we know he has the talent."

Asked about Alexis Sanchez coming to Manchester United from Arsenal, Mourinho says: "If you ask me if I think he is coming, I think so, but I have no confirmation."

Manchester United defender Phil Jones said: "It was certainly a battle and that is what you get when you come to Turf Moor - it is about character and we showed that in abundance today. "You have seen teams come here all season and drop points, we had to bide our time and when we got our chance thankfully Martial took it. "We have some fantastic talent in the squad and we need everybody, especially going into a busy period."