IAK 4-04 Creative Commons License 2015.09.11 0 0 94540

Does anybody know something about the second prototype Ikarus 180 vehicle (demo unit) built 1961 and exhibited March 1962 at Leipzig spring Fair?

I cannot find any Information about the life of this bus in Hungary before it came to Germany and after it has gone back to Hungary.

It was definitively not the same bus from the Budapest International Fair 1961 from this Pictures:

http://www.retromobil.hu/2014/12/03/ikarus-180-tortenet/

(first color picture front side, second black/white picture rear view)

Look at the bus from Leipzig spring fair 1962 (attached picture) to compare with the other bus from the link above.

The bus from Leipzig fair has other color, it has a destination sign window at the articulated part above the middle window and no destination sign window at the rear. And it Looks different at the front part below the bumper. The distance between bumper and decoration stripe is different (Leipzig bus has Little more distance).

The bus from 1961 Budapest International fair was exhibted again in 1963 in the same look from 1961.

So it is not possible, that the bus was refurbished before it has gone to Leipzig in March 1962.

The bus was exhibited without engine, so probably after Leipzig time it has gone back to Hungary to equip the bus with an engine. And than - one year later - from April 1963 it was tested in 3 german cities: Berlin, Erfurt and Karl-Marx-Stadt.

What has happened with the bus after September 1963?

I think, if I understand correct, the first (hungarian) prototype from 1961 and 1963 Budapest Fair was refurbished to the Hotel bus from the above link (GA 79-65)?

I cannot understand hungarian. Please try to answer english or german. Thank's a lot!

Best regards.

Előzmény: IAK 4-04 (93265)