RNZoli Creative Commons License 2015.06.30 0 0 82172

Al Haynes annyira túlélte, hogy remek repülésbiztonsági előadásokat tartott később világszerte. 

Ezt pl. érdemes végigolvasni: http://clear-prop.org/aviation/haynes.html

"MC:

- It's my sincere pleasure to introduce to you the person you heard on that video and you saw land the plane, Capt. Al Haynes.

Haynes:

- Thank you, thank you very much. "Land" is a rather loose term for that. Anyone who has seen this video seems to have this one question in their mind, and that is: how did anyone survive an accident of that magnitude? I think there are five factors that contribute to the degree of success that we had at Sioux City: that is, luck, communications, preparation, execution, and cooperation. And I would like to talk about those five things today."

35 percig vártak arra, hogy végre valaki kimentse őket az összeroncsolódott és összenyomódott pilótafülkéből, mert senki nem gondolta, hogy abban valaki is életben maradhatott.

"In case you don't recognize that, that's the cockpit. There's no metal, no glass, nothing to indicate that's the cockpit. They're guessing that 35 minutes after the crash, we were ignored. They felt that was an uninhabitable part of the avionics compartment."

Előzmény: VBL (82165)