Average Clouds Creative Commons License 2015.03.31 0 0 245115

Kinőtted a rave-et, nincs már bajod, ennek örüljünk :DDD

Két review a mai nagykorúról

IT'S NO GOOD

"Cold Turkey comeback duties duly taken care of, it's back to something approaching groove - underlaid lovesick business-as-usual for la Mode. The emphasis being on the 'sick', for 'It's No Good' is another of Martin Gore's appallingly pretty odes to someone for whom the creak of his leather bodice awaits as surely as sweat accompanies rumpo. Amid the insistent electro diktat, Dave Gahan sings with disarming sweetness: "Don't say you're happy/Out there without me/I know you can't be/'Cos It's No Good". When it comes to such ultra-tech, yet trad toilet-seat drama, Depeche are untouchable, a fact the litany of unenlightening remixes by the likes of Speedy J and Andrea Parker only serve to emphasise."

New Musical Express, 29th March, 1997

-----------------------

Melody Maker's Kirsty Baker, with Peter Andre, reviews the 'It's No Good' single.

MM: What more can I say?
Peter: They've come back from the dead, haven't they? And I think they've done it really well, too, though I don't like this as much as I liked some of their old stuff. This sounds a lot like U2. It's OK, I don't dislike it, but I preferred the last one. I don't really think it's their best material. But they're a respected group: I suppose you can't knock the fact they've started just knocking out song after song after song. They probably know that some will be liked more than others.
MM: But would you bring out a single that you didn't think was the best thing you could possibly do?
Peter: That's a good point, actually. I never though of it that way. Maybe they should have waited a couple more years and come back when they knew they had something amazing up their sleeves.

Melody Maker, 29th March,1997

Előzmény: Szigi101 (245113)