For-dzsi Creative Commons License 2014.12.17 0 0 90017

Phil Jones is hoping that his injury niggles are behind him so he can now focus on ‘getting a run games in the first team.’ A hamstring strain and shin splints are two complaints that has restricted his appearances in recent months but the 22-year-old is upbeat about the future.

He said: "I started the pre-season and played every single game and every single training session.

"I'd never had a muscle injury in my life and then on international duty, I pulled my hamstring so that was disappointing. And when I was coming back I then had shin splints.

"I didn't go into training and say I wanted to get injured that morning, it is just the way it has been. It has been unfortunate.

"I could stand here and list 10 players who are always out injured."

But he says he has made changes to his training regime in a bid to sort out his injury problems.

He added: "I have been doing a lot of work in the gym, strength work on the reformer, yoga and pilates and loads of stuff.

"Hopefully that will stand me in good stead for the rest of the season. Hopefully I can stay fit, and look after myself in games.

"I will do anything I can to improve myself. My aim right now is to stay fit and stay focused, and get a run of games under my belt.”

His injury curse first struck in his final year at Blackburn, when he tore knee cartilage, but Sir Alex Ferguson still signed him six months later for £16.5m.

Since joining United in the summer of 2011, Jones has suffered knee and ankle problems but he is not the only Reds’ defender to have been injured this season.

Csak remélni tudom, hogy Smalling és Evans is hasonlóképpen csinálja.