allez zserzseli! Creative Commons License 2012.07.21 0 0 41390

SC jóvoltából hozzájutottam egy könyvhöz  - Haruki Murakami - What I talk about when I talk about running - , amelynek két gondolatát megosztom, mivel egy kis baleset miatt nem tudok futni, így kicsit lírai hangulatba kerültem. ;) Elézést a non English speaker-ektől, bár ez elég bézik angollal is érthető.

“For me, running is both exercise and a metaphor. Running day after day, piling up the races, bit by bit I raise the bar, and by clearing each level I elevate myself. At least that’s why I’ve put in the effort day after day: to raise my own level. I’m no great runner, by any means. I’m at an ordinary – or perhaps more like mediocre – level. But that’s not the point. The point is whether or not I improved over yesterday. In long-distance running the only opponent you have to beat is yourself, the way you used to be.”

És még egy:

Which is why the hour or so I spend running, maintaining my own silent, private time, is important to help me keep my mental well-being. When I am running,  I don't have to talk to anybody, and don't have to listen to anybody. All I need to do is gaze at the scenery passing by. This is a part of my day I can't do without.

Egyébiránt pedig nagy gratula minden Bp Terepkupa indulónak és célbaérkezőnek, különösen két kedves futótársnak, akik a hosszún a HHH-s kihelyezett sasszemem szerint az első két helye haladtak át.. Persze a többieknek is, lassan mindenki becsurog :))