Kezdés: 21:00
Belépő: 2.500 Ft

sziti Creative Commons License 2008.07.02 0 0 1385
UNIFAUN  (Genesis soundscape band)
terbi Creative Commons License 2008.06.18 0 0 1384
Várjuk:-)
Előzmény: Geski (1383)
Geski Creative Commons License 2008.06.16 0 0 1383

Aki nem annyira angolos, annak jelentem, a héten felkerül a genesisinfo.uw.hu-ra a

cikk magyar fordítása. :)

Misfit Creative Commons License 2008.06.14 0 0 1382
Megvettem én is a DVD-t, gyönyörű kiadvány.
DeeDee83 Creative Commons License 2008.06.13 0 0 1381

Köszi! :)

Genesis interview in USA Today

Genesis packs extras in 'When in Rome 2007' DVD

By Mike Snider, USA TODAY
It's no surprise the new music DVD When in Rome 2007 from Genesis is a well-crafted, three-disc document of the group's first tour in 15 years. Since its formation more than 40 years ago, the band has been known for its technical precision in both sound and vision.
The 2½ hour-plus concert (out on DVD Tuesday— exclusively at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Walmart.com, Samsclub.com and genesis-music.com, $20-$30) spans the group's career from the time when Peter Gabriel fronted the group (1973's Firth of Fifth and I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) to 1991's We Can't Dance album. The DVD's director and producer David Mallett, previously directed concert videos for AC/DC, Cher, Cirque du Soleil Madonna and U2.

As the concert plays out, viewers can click on an interactive icon to watch more than an additional hour of video clips, mainly from tour rehearsals. A film-length documentary on the third disc covers all the tour's inner workings from the first planning meetings to the Rome concert that ended the band's European tour.

I talked with keyboardist Tony Banks, singer/drummer Phil Collins and guitarist Mike Rutherford about the DVD and tour:

Q: Was the 500,000 at the Rome show (July 14, 2007) the largest crowd the band has performed in front of?

Mike Rutherford: Yes, it was. I'm sure it was. It was a great opportunity. We have a great history in Italy. For me to play somewhere that special, the Circus Maximus, rather than another dome or arena or stadium, and the setting outside with a bit of backdrop of Rome behind, it was something for us very special, I think.

Q: Is there any additional pressure with a show like this and the fact you are recording a DVD?

Tony Banks: Having the DVD recording is definitely additional pressure, particularly, I think it was the first time we tried to record a show which hasn't been a multiple show. Normally, you have it so that you can do more than one (show at a venue) so if you have a problem or something goes wrong, cameras or something, you know there is another show to kind of cover the bits that you didn't get. But on this particular show, we thought this is such a special occasion we really would like to record this one. We did need to put all our eggs in one basket and if something had gone wrong we would have lost it. But we were lucky and fortunately the cameras all worked and most of the time we played pretty well. The extra people doesn't really provide any more pressure. Once you get above 20 people, it's always the same.

Q: Talk about how this stage show compared to past productions.

Rutherford: We've always enjoyed putting on a show like that and I think our music lends itself towards that kind of interpretation with lights, the Vari-lites and lighting stuff (lighting designer Patrick Woodroffe's credits include concerts for Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones and the High School Musical Tour). It was quite a challenge, but what is exciting now in a way is the technology with screens what you can do in terms of visual content. We shot various films, animation and stuff. It does enhance the songs and the band in really quite a great setting, song by song. I must say (set designer) Mark Fisher (whose credits include Cirque du Soleil, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, R.E.M., U2) who designed the stage show, was fantastic because he designed something really original but also something that actually did work as well, which is important, too.

Q: How did you feel at that point in the tour?

Phil Collins: We were halfway through. Europe had been fantastic. We were surprised and pleased with the stadium shows. We had some bad luck with the weather, which of course didn't matter in America because obviously we were playing indoors except for Toronto, Los Angeles and New York. It was an emotional end to that part of the tour, but we still had the American part to do. Neither stretch of the tour was too long to get to the point where you started to wish you weren't there. We ended up at the last show in Los Angeles smiling as we started at the first show in Helsinki.

Q: Did you notice anything particular difference between the audiences in Europe and the U.S.?

Banks: We were surprised that there was less difference than we thought there was going to be. We weren't sure how American audiences were going to respond to a song called Ripples, which is quite a delicate song. Sometimes in the American arenas they can get a bit noisier and we were going to replace it with a song that we know is popular in America, In Too Deep, which again is a softer mood. But I think people appreciated us playing a slightly more obscure, old track like that which has always been a favorite with fans. So we stuck with it. Obviously American audiences are always a bit more rowdy. Sometimes in England when you play in Manchester the audiences are so attentive it's almost so quiet you don't know what's going on. But on both sides, it was very enthusiastic.

Q: I really liked the acoustic Ripples clip and the rehearsal moments mixed as extras into the DVD. At any point did you worry about turning the cameras on yourselves?

Collins: I had worked with the director (Anthony Mathile) on my last tour. I did a documentary (The Long Goodnight), a fly on the wall-kind of thing. He was very good at just blending into the scenery. He's a nice guy so we got on with him. When it was suggested to do something as special as this Genesis thing to document it from the word go, I held my breath to see how well Tony and Mike took to the idea of having somebody around all of time. I would say 90% of the time it was not a problem at all. And I think he got all those moments because he became so familiar. He got a lot of moments that you would otherwise not get.

And I think the documentary and extras do something to sort of explode some of the myths that people probably have about Genesis and how things are put together and it's all very swish and glossy and it's all very smooth. We have a great sense of humor and I think that comes across in the documentary and the extras. It's nice to have that on one hand and the concert on the other.

Q: Speaking of the funnier things, would either you, Mike or Tony, talk about Phil's idea for the drum solo to be played on stools.

Banks: Well, it shows in the video the first time he said he was thinking of playing stools, I thought he was joking. But no, he's serious. I thought, well, we'll give it a go. It's like anything. We were only in rehearsal stage. If it hadn't worked, he would have been the first to say it's not working. And they were able to make it sound big and powerful. And then, they move to the real drums and it takes off again. It's like the Concorde when you go supersonic. You have that second moment. It was quite a strong segue really. If there was any problem, it's that it made it twice as long. (Phil laughs).

Collins: In the documentary, the two obvious threads are the comical side to the stools, next to the quite serious searching for the button pusher (who must activate an on-screen effect at the right time). It was good that we had those angles to hang something on for a documentary of that length. But it was all real.

Q: There are also points in the documentary where each of you talk about the band and each other and now that it is all over would you talk a bit about how this experience has affected you?

Rutherford: It was good as you think it would be and probably a bit better. The whole process, it makes us appreciate and reminded us of what good friends we have become and have been.

Collins: And will be. (lots of laughing heard).

Rutherford: It was quite nice and emotional without being over the top about it.

Banks: You must understand we are English, British types. We don't express emotions. But I entered this with a little trepidation. People do change after 15 years. And you have to include in this Daryl and Chester, when it comes to a live band we very much think of ourselves as a five-piece. We've been lucky in Genesis. All groups have a few problems, but we do sort of get on with each other.

Collins: It was a great opportunity. I think it's nice to get out there and sort of knowing it is probably the last time and have a little bit of fun with that closure. Each night was kind of an emotional experience in some respects because each night you were playing a place you had played many times over the years and tonight you were saying thanks to everybody for the last 30 years of coming to see us. It's kind of nice way to say goodbye, really...

Előzmény: Geski (1379)
Geski Creative Commons License 2008.06.09 0 0 1380

Elnézést: legolcsóbb.

:)

Geski Creative Commons License 2008.06.09 0 0 1379

Sziasztok!

Egy kis segítség, ha még nem vásárolt valaki When In Rome DVD-t.

Media Markt: 7990 Ft.
Hungaroton Records: 7750 Ft.
Mammutban a Saturnnal szemben: 7450 Ft.
MCD a Deák térnél: 6999 Ft.
Saturnban: 6990 Ft.

De még mindig az Amazonról rendelni a legolcsób...

rusnya21 Creative Commons License 2008.06.04 0 0 1378
Nyárköszöntő NOT YET adás:

júni 5. (csütörtök) 22h fix.TV, Rockvilla adásában interjú a Not Yet zenekarral

júni 6. (péntek) 19h Miskolc, Ifiház (nagyterem) - MALTER 2.5 (Miskolci Alter nap) http://www.ifihazmiskolc.hu
Fellép: Bárányfelho, Fény és a Dusk, Nem Tej Mama! - Ska projekt, Vologda Városrész, Not Yet
Belépő: 400Ft

júni 7. (szombat) 22:30 Zappa Caffe (Bp, VIII. ker. Mikszáth Kálmán tér 2.) http://www.zappacafe.hu
Fellép: Napokon http://www.napokon.hu (progresszív-rock), Not Yet
Belépo: INGYENES!!! koncert előtt EB vetítés!

júni 11. (szerda) 22:30 Könyvtár Pinceklub (Bp, Astoria ELTE-trefortkert) http://www.konyvtarklub.hu
Fellép: Not Yet
Belépo: INGYENES!!! koncert előtt EB vetítés!

helyszínen kapható a fakir hobby lemezünk mindössze egy ezer forintért. gyertek, hallgassatok, utána meg húzzon mindenki nyaralni, fesztiválra, tengerre, ahova teccik!

http://www.notyet.hu
Rutherford Creative Commons License 2008.06.03 0 0 1377

Sugár - elfogyott , Árkád uccsó darab nálam:-)

Szépen szól...ismétlés  be, hajrá!

Előzmény: sziti (1369)
matti70 Creative Commons License 2008.06.03 0 0 1376

Ma megjött az én rendelésem is, pont a tervezett időben. Ami meglepett, hogy a DTS hang 96/24-es, ezt eddig sehol sem olvastam. Így még jobban várom, hogy belenézhessek :)

matti70 Creative Commons License 2008.06.01 0 0 1375

Kösz az infókat!

Erről a turnéról a düsseldorfi, mozikba továbbított koncert 2 lemezes, DD 5.1 hangú változata van meg, az is nagyon tetszik, és DD létére elég jól szól. Kíváncsi vagyok a DTS-re, biztos jó lesz...

Előzmény: sziti (1374)
sziti Creative Commons License 2008.06.01 0 0 1374

Sokat rendelek netről, és olyan címre, ahol van, aki átvegye. A postással megbeszéltem, hogy a ládába nem tesz be olyan csomagot, ami nem fér be teljesen, ha nincs, aki átvegye, inkább visszaviszi a postára, és értesítést hagy. Ez nálam évek óta - a címváltozások mellett is - működik. 

Mivel az érték ilyen küldeménynél "nem játszik", nincs mit aláírni. Ha ajánlva kéred, az más. (Az ára is...)

A DVD egyébként monumentális, látványos, jól szól, nem okoz csalódást. Ott folytatták, ahol ebben a felállásban abbahagyták.

Előzmény: matti70 (1373)
matti70 Creative Commons License 2008.06.01 0 0 1373

Az enyémet hétfőn indították útra, türelemmel vagyok :) Céghez kértem, de ezek szerint ha otthonra kérem, simán bedobják a postaládába? És ha nem fér be, és nem vagyok otthon? Amúgy az értékétől függetlenül semmi aláírás?

És mondd, milyen a cucc, ha már ilyen szerencsés vagy? :)

Előzmény: sziti (1372)
sziti Creative Commons License 2008.05.30 0 0 1372

Normál air mail-lel jött, múlt szombaton postázták. A leveles postás hozza mindig.

Nincs még okod izgalomra, ez a mostani "futamidőm" messze átlag feletti.

Előzmény: matti70 (1371)
matti70 Creative Commons License 2008.05.30 0 0 1371

Szia!

Most rendeltem először Amazonról, ezt a Genesis-t plusz egy másik dvd-t, de sajna nekem nem jött meg ma. Sima légipostát kértél? Levélként hozza a levelespostás, vagy csomagként szállítják ki?

exit66 Creative Commons License 2008.05.30 0 0 1370

Hú, akkor remélhetőleg az én amazonom is megjön estére! :-)

sziti Creative Commons License 2008.05.30 0 0 1369

Már van boltokban: Árkád - MM 7990 Ft, Sugár - Hungaroton(?) 7750 Ft. Ennyi láttam tegnap, gondolom, sok helyen van már.

Nekem ma hozta meg a postás (Amazon UK - 5500 Ft), Asia és Pain Of Salvation koncertek közötti pihinek remek lesz :-)

Előzmény: DeeDee83 (1368)
DeeDee83 Creative Commons License 2008.05.30 0 0 1368

Remek, köszi. :))

"Free Genesis Greatest Hits available this Sunday in the UK!

This Sunday - 1st of June 12 fantastic tracks exclusively chosen by one of the world's greatest rock bands.

Click here to read the complete interview with Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks and hear a sample of the album.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1021727/Genesis-The-special-chemistry-awesome-supergroup.html

Offer only available in the UK & Eire

Don't miss out - order The Mail on Sunday today"

Myspace-Blog

Előzmény: terbi (1367)
terbi Creative Commons License 2008.05.26 0 0 1367
már bent van a magyar nagykerben
Előzmény: DeeDee83 (1366)
DeeDee83 Creative Commons License 2008.05.26 0 0 1366
Ezek szerint a hétvége felé már megéri rákérdezni a boltokban?
Előzmény: sziti (1365)
sziti Creative Commons License 2008.05.26 0 0 1365
Jól számítottam, 24-én postázták:-)
Előzmény: sziti (1362)
PeterCorr Creative Commons License 2008.05.26 0 0 1364

Kedves Fórumozók!

Bátorkodom beszúrni az alábbi felhívást, mivel
tudom, hogy erről a fórumról is többen vásárolnak
a Musicland-ben.

Szóval...
Költözés miatt május 28-ig végkiárusítást
tartunk a Musiclandben (1085 József krt. 14.)

CD-k, zenés DVD-k és filmek -30% -50% -70% -kal olcsóbban.

Gyertek, vegyétek, vigyétek! Még 3 napig...

DeeDee83 Creative Commons License 2008.05.17 0 0 1363
  Are you a Genesis fan living in the UK?

BBC will be airing a special 60 minute edit of Come Rain Or Shine – the Anthony Mathile tour documentary on BBC 4 this evening at 9pm followed by a 90 minute edit of When in Rome.

Already have plans tonight? The 60 minute edit of Come Rain Or Shine and the 90 minute edit of When In Rome will both will be repeated on BBC 4 this Sunday from 11pm.

On Friday 23rd May BBC 1 will show a 60 minute edit of When in Rome.

sziti Creative Commons License 2008.05.16 0 0 1362

Remélem, ez csak az USÁ-ra igaz.

Az Amazon UK-n az eredeti május 26-a van még, így egy jövő hétvégi postázásra számítok:-)

Előzmény: DeeDee83 (1361)
DeeDee83 Creative Commons License 2008.05.16 0 0 1361
Genesis Releases Triple DVD Set June 10

GENESIS RELEASE WHEN IN ROME 2007 THE DVD DIRECTED BY DAVID MALLET, EXCLUSIVELY AT WAL-MART IN JUNE

When In Rome 2007 Is a Triple DVD Featuring Over 5_ Hours of Material, Shot During the Band's Hugely Successful First Tour in 15 Years Turn It On Again. The European Tour Ended With a Show at Rome's Circo Massimo in Front of 500,000 Fans, and Is Captured Here in Its Full Glory. The Package Also Includes a Spectacular Fly-on-the-Wall Documentary.

Available June 10 Exclusively At Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Walmart.com, Samsclub.com and genesis-music.com

LOS ANGELES -- Genesis -- Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford -- returned after 15 years with one of 2007's most successful tours. After a series of brilliant stadium performances across Europe, the tour ended with a spellbinding grand finale in Rome as the band performed in front of 500,000 fans who filled the historic Circo Massimo for this free, open-air concert. Legendary director David Mallet captured the entire 2 hour and 36 minute spectacle with multiple cameras for WHEN IN ROME 2007.

This three-DVD set includes the entire concert, plus photo galleries, deleted scenes and photographic reproductions of tour programs.

Additionally, the third disc contains "Come Rain Or Shine," an extraordinary fly-on-the-wall documentary filmed by Anthony Mathile that covers the entire tour from the planning stages in 2006 to the show in Rome. Pre-orders for this massive triple DVD set are now available starting May 7, 2008, exclusively at walmart.com, samsclub.com, and genesis-music.com. The DVD, scheduled for a June 10 release, will be available exclusively at Wal-Mart stores and Sam's Clubs in the U.S. as well as Walmart.com, samsclub.com and genesis-music.com.

Filmed on July 14, 2007, the show spans such Genesis classics as "Land Of Confusion" and "Mama" to older Genesis repertoire "Los Endos," "Carpet Crawlers" and the haunting "Ripples." Each track on the first two discs gives the viewer access to visual extras relating to each song on the DVD.

Beautifully packaged in a slipcase, the DVD digi-pak includes a 28-page booklet.

The concert is a showcase for the classic Genesis line-up of Banks, Collins and Rutherford along with longtime sidemen Chester Thompson (drums) and Daryl Stuermer (guitar). The stunning stage production for the Turn It On Again tour included the largest screen ever used at a concert, spanning nearly 210 feet. The set was designed by world famous Mark Fisher and the spectacular lighting show, the work of genius Patrick Woodroffe. During the tour, Genesis played to a staggering 1.4 million fans during 22 European dates before heading to North America in September 2007 to play 25 more dates from Toronto to Los Angeles.

On the third disc, the nearly two-hour documentary, "Come Rain Or Shine,"

offers an unusually frank and humorous look into the dynamics of life on the road and the mechanics, decisions and presentation of a legendary band on tour for the first time in 15 years. The film charts the band's epic journey, including the very first meeting of the band at a rehearsal studio in New York in September 2006, planning the tour, capturing the real personalities behind Genesis and the pitfalls of planning of a multi-million dollar production.

Last spring, Rhino launched a complete upgrade of the band's catalog with the first two in a series of three box sets containing all 13 studio albums by one of the top-selling recording artists of all time. The box sets present each album as a two-disc set with a CD featuring a newly remixed version of the original studio album, and a DVD that includes a 5.1 Surround Sound mix of the album as well as videos, photo galleries, photographic reproductions of tour programs and interviews with band member filmed exclusively for this extensive collection.

This fall, Rhino will conclude the series with its highly anticipated box set covering Genesis' early years with founding member Peter Gabriel.

Spanning six years, the set will include such progressive rock classics as Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

WHEN IN ROME 2007

DVD Track Listing

DISC 1 (Duration 1:19:22)

1. (Dukes Intro)

2. "Turn It On Again"

3. "No Son Of Mine"

4. "Land Of Confusion"

5. In The Cage Medley

"In The Cage"

"Cinema Show" (excerpt)

"Dukes Travels" (excerpt)

6. "Afterglow"

7. "Hold On My Heart"

8. "Home By The Sea"

9. "Follow You Follow Me"

10. "Firth Of Fifth" (excerpt)

11. "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)"

EXTRAS (Duration 33:57)

12. How Does Duke's End End?

13. We're Gonna Take It Up A Bit

14. Plugged In. Turned On. On the Edge

15. Minimal Confusion

16. Tony Changed His Mind

17. We Need More Lights

18. Counting The Bars To 'Heart'

19. Working On Home

20. Mike Wants Phil's 'Feel' On Drums

21. From 'G' To 'G' On 'Firth'

22. Time To Dance

Tour Program Gallery

DISC 2 (Duration 1:17:49)

1. "Mama"

2. "Ripples"

3. "Throwing It All Away"

4. "Domino"

5. "Conversations With 2 Stools"

6. "Los Endos"

7. "Tonight Tonight Tonight" (excerpt)

8. "Invisible Touch"

9. "I Can't Dance"

10. "Carpet Crawlers"

EXTRAS (Duration 38:42)

11. Bring The Pitch Down Like Elton

12. 'Acoustic' Ripples

13. 'Throwing It All' Down

14. Tony Talks About His Inspiration

15. The Drum Duet

16. Not A Period Piece

17. Invisible Key

18. Phil, Tony & Mike, And Phil & Mike

19. Singing Along

Photo Gallery

Deleted Scenes

DISC 3 (Duration 1:50:18)

Documentary "Come Rain Or Shine"

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=166673362&blogID=394633569

Geski Creative Commons License 2008.05.05 0 0 1360

Egy kicsit jobb hír:

http://www.emicatalogue.com/genesis/wheninrome/

Nagyon szép lesz!!!

Törölt nick Creative Commons License 2008.05.02 0 0 1359
Kapcsolgattam az előbb a tv-t és a SAT1-en pont valami Tarzan és Jane énekverseny ment, zsűriben Phil-lel. Na mondom benézek ide mizujs, van-e valami újság... hát nagyon nem ezt akartam olvasni. :-(((
Geski Creative Commons License 2008.04.28 0 0 1358

A lényeg kb ezt jelenti: Bár a főcím igencsak félrevezető... a cikk egy érdekes beszélgetés Phil karrierjéről...

Meglátjuk.

DeeDee83 Creative Commons License 2008.04.28 0 0 1357

Angolul nem tudok annyira, de ez asszem a Times-os cikk összefoglalója:

http://www.mymusic.hu/20080427_phil_collins_sajnos_feladta

Nem is tudtam, hogy Mr. Collins szereti a Waczak szállót. :)

Egyébként bár ez nagyon szomorú bejelentés, én sem tennék pontot a dolog végére, inkább 3 pontot... Úgy volt, hogy Genesis se lesz többé Phil-lel, aztán mégis lett.

Előzmény: Geski (1356)

Ha kedveled azért, ha nem azért nyomj egy lájkot a Fórumért!